How to test drive ideas and problem solve in a group? Cooltsalon invites you to get hands on and take part in a 2-day session known as design sprint (DS), workshopping new skills and tools that you’d be able to apply in real life.
It comes as a way to practice design thinking, further developed as a standalone methodology by the likes of David Kelley (founder, IDEO) and Jake Knapp, and you’d be surprised how widely it’s applicable: from brand agencies launching new products to medical laboratories and recruitment departments. It is useful for anyone who works in a team or manages one, needs to engage in group discussions or group tasks, no matter the industry.
Guided by invited professional DS facilitators, participants will be focusing on the issue of “How to engage audiences online?” and working in teams towards producing suggestions around the identified problem. Anyone who somehow engages with cultural events, can feel the impact of this digital shift – whether you’ve been a guest to a virtual exhibition or had to move your festival to a VoD platform – and can put forward ideas about making these into more shared and collective experiences.
Teams’ suggestions will be listed in the digital copy (downloadable PDF) of the zine, “Cooltzine” vol.4 following their public presentation on the second day, Sunday, 16 May.
Our DS is free and open to everyone. It will be conducted online, so teams can be made up of people from all over the world, facilitating international exchange, while drawing on local lived experiences. Registration link below.
Dates and times: Saturday 15 May, 11:00-15:00 BST (with breaks) and Sunday 16 May, 10:00-14:00 BST (with breaks) + public presentation 15:00-16:00 BST
* Full schedule breakdown will be emailed to you following registration *
Where to sign-up: https://form.jotformeu.com/210915561490353
Useful advance information:
- Conducted in English
- Full-time presence and commitment needed, as you will be working in teams – please don’t apply if you cannot commit to the full schedule
- Employment in the creative-cultural sector is not required
Online platforms that will be used:
Guidelines for taking part:
- Please use a desktop computer or laptop, not a mobile device, as the tasks and tools required will not work on mobile
- Phones off or muted
- Please find a quiet spot to work in, your cameras and mics will be switched on and in use throughout the sessions
- Please be punctual or even join 10 minutes earlier, so you can test your digital tools in advance (connection, mic, camera, etc.)
- Come with an open mind and explorer’s hat, ready to play with new ideas, tools and resources
Purpose of the DS:
- To produce several suggestions to the identified issue of audience engagement, presenting various points of view to the public.
- To test drive the design sprint process and acquaint yourself with a different way of problem solving and ideas validating.
- To engage in networking with peers locally and internationally.
The DS is part of the cooltXchange weekend, happening simultaneously in London, Sofia and Belgrade, which will also include the presentation of the 4th collectively created international zine, ‘Cooltzine’ and screenings of collection of artist videos and short films, all around the subject of “Future Now”.